Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package frozen French fries
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 20 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheese curds, more if desired
Listen up, if you've never had Poutine Fries, then allow us to change your life! Sure, you could keep dipping your fries in ketchup, but oh man, are they even more delicious when you top them with gravy and cheese curds! Do not forget the cheese curds!
- Prepare French fries according to package instructions.
- While fries bake, make the gravy. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Continue cooking and whisking until mixture turns a light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and beef broth. Bring mixture to a boil and stir in the milk. As gravy starts to thicken, season with salt and pepper. Once gravy is thick, remove from heat.
- When French fries are hot out of the oven, cover with gravy and top with cheese curds. Serve and enjoy!