Serves: 16 people
Cooking Time: 4 hours
- 6 small packages different colored Jell-O
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Okay, this Rainbow Jell-O might be a little bit of work, but trust us! The results are worth it!
- For best results, prepare in a 9x13 baking dish.
- For the first layer, mix 1 package of Jell-O with 1 teaspoon of gelatin and 1 cup boiling water. Cool and pour into dish. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. You'll want to make sure it's cooling on an even surface.
- For the second layer, mix 1 packet of gelatin (2 teaspoons) with 1/2 cup hot water until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and another 1/2 cup hot water. Once cooled, pour 3/4 of a cup into the dish, just enough to make a thin layer over the Jell-O already in the dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- Repeat directions for the first and second layers with the remaining Jell-O colors. After about 3 colored Jell-O layers, you'll need to make another batch of the milk layer. Make sure layers are completely set before pouring the next layer on.
- Once all the layers are done, cover and refrigerate overnight so it sets completely. When ready, serve and enjoy!