- 1/2 pound salted butter, softened
- 1 sprig rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 7 pound whole chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound mini potatoes, halved
1) Prepare compound butter. In a bowl, add butter, rosemary and garlic. Mix until combined. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and slice.
2) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Season chicken by rubbing salt and pepper on the skin. (Feel free to add your favorite spices, too!) Place butter slices under the chicken skin, making sure to cover both sides.
4) Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in bundt pan, putting the center of the pan through the center of the chicken. Surround with carrots and potatoes. Place on a baking sheet to catch any drippings.
5) Roast chicken for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the chicken thigh reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to baste the chicken throughout the roasting process.
6) Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!