Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Marinara sauce, for serving
In our never-ending quest to bring you pizza in all its many forms, delight yourself with a Sausage Pizza Roll.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet of medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes. Add red bell peppers, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until sausage is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Slightly roll out pizza dough on a floured surface. Brush with egg wash. Evenly spread sausage over the dough. Top with mozzarella cheese. Carefully roll the dough. Transfer onto the lined baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, basil, and garlic. Brush over the top of the roll.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!