- 1 1⁄2 tsp olive oil, plus ¼ tsp or so to taste (for greens)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 one pound New York Strip Steak (3⁄4 inch thick)
- 2 six-inch French bread baguettes
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- Garlic and herb butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a cast-iron grill on the stove over medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine oil and Herbes de Provence. Spread some over steak and sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper on the meat.
- Grill for approximately 8 minutes (for medium-rare) on each side, until a nice crust forms. Move steak to a cutting board and let it rest.
- Meanwhile, split baguettes in half and spread garlic and herb butter onto the cut side. Using either the steak grill or a fresh pan, fry the bread cut side down on medium-high heat until it is toasted to your liking, about 2 minutes.
- Cut the steak into ⅛-inch thick slices.
- Build your sandwiches! Spread on a layer of arugula, then sprinkle a few drops of olive oil on top of greens. Add your steak and top with tomatoes and then the second slice of bread. Enjoy!