Spicy Chocolate Marble Jars
Serves: 4-6 people
Cooking Time: 4 hour
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Looking for a super cool dessert idea none of your friends or family has seen before? Then it's all about these Spicy Chocolate Marble Jars. Spicy chocolate is one of our favorite things, and these look so cool when they chill in the glass. Check it!
- In a saucepan over medium, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, salt, coconut milk and cinnamon sticks. The steam mixture, while whisking constantly. You don't want it to simmer or boil.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and stir in chili powder. Lower heat and continue steaming until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl. Pour chili custard over chocolate, whisking until the chocolate has fully melted. Add vanilla extract and stir in.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 4 mason jars, or glass cups, whichever you have on hand. Chill for at least 3 hours, or until completely firm. When the jars are ready, you will see a marbled, chili ribbon running through the chocolate.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and whipped cream, serve and enjoy!