- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (13.5 ounce) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, salt, coconut milk and cinnamon sticks. The steam mixture, while whisking constantly. You don't want it to simmer or boil.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and stir in chili powder. Lower heat and continue steaming until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl. Pour chili custard over chocolate, whisking until the chocolate has fully melted. Add vanilla extract and stir in.
- Pour chocolate mixture into 4 mason jars, or glass cups, whichever you have on hand. Chill for at least 3 hours, or until completely firm. When the jars are ready, you will see a marbled, chili ribbon running through the chocolate.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and whipped cream, serve and enjoy!