- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup milk
- 3 - 4 medium/large yellow onions
- 1 package bacon
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, diced onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, bbq sauce, and milk. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Cut tops and bottoms off onions, cut in half, and peel off the skin. Then separate the onions into "layers". Use the larger outside layers.
- Stuff meatball mixture between two onion layers (making an onion seal around a large meatball). Wrap each "bomb" with 3 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce and enjoy!