Perfectly fried chicken, warm biscuits, sweet and spicy sauce -- these sandwiches are PERFECT!
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Dredge chicken cutlets, first in flour mixture, then in buttermilk and once more in flour mixture. Make sure pieces are fully coated.
- Fill a deep skillet about halfway full with oil and heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully add coated chicken to hot oil and fry until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. About 4 minutes per side. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut biscuits in half, top with fried chicken and drizzle with honey hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!