- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup Cholula, or similar hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 biscuits, warmed
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hot sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Dredge chicken cutlets, first in flour mixture, then in buttermilk and once more in flour mixture. Make sure pieces are fully coated.
- Fill a deep skillet about halfway full with oil and heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully add coated chicken to hot oil and fry until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. About 4 minutes per side. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cut biscuits in half, top with fried chicken and drizzle with honey hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!