- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water)
- Sour cream
These crunchy, southwest-inspired snacks are the perfect appetizers to serve at a party!
- Crumble and brown ground beef with taco seasoning (follow instructions on packet), then transfer to bowl or plate.
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper out flat, with a corner pointing toward you. Top with a line each of cheese, ground beef and pico de gallo in the center.
- Using a pastry brush or finger, paint approximately an inch line along the half of the wrapper facing away from you (should be an upside-down "v" shape). Take the corner facing you and fold it in half, stopping short around 1 inch. (The upside-down "v" should still be exposed). Then fold in the other two corners and finish rolling wrapper like a burrito.
- Heat oil on stove until bubbling but not smoking -- around 350 degrees. Place each egg roll all the way in (flipping occasionally if needed) until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove egg rolls from oil and place on paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve with sour cream to dip. Enjoy!