Serves: 24 people
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- FOR THE COOKIES
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine (or butter), softened
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rainbow sprinkles
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring of choice
Yup, this is your new favorite ultimate sugar cookie recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, margarine, eggs, and milk until combined. Gradually beat in flour, followed by baking powder and salt. Beat until combined.
- Generously sprinkle your work surface with flour and roll out cookie dough to the desired thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and cool.
- While cookies bake and cool, make your frosting. Beat together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly beat in salt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, milk, and food coloring. Continue beating until fully combined.
- Frost cookies with frosting, sprinkle with sprinkles, serve ultimate sugar cookie, and enjoy!