- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 - 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup flour
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking until any liquid has evaporated, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, chives and flour.
- Using your hands, grab 1 heaving tablespoon of mashed potato mixture and form into a flat disk. It helps to do this on a floured surface. Place 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture into the center of the potato disk, and cover with another flattened potato disk. Gently seals sides. Continue until all of the mixture has been used.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry potato pancakes until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure to flip so both sides fry evenly.
- Serve with guacamole and hot sauce if desired and enjoy!