- 1 box white cake mix + ingredients listed on box
- 1 box watermelon Jell-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Green food coloring
- Prepare white cake according to package instructions in a 9x13 baking dish. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together watermelon Jell-O packet, hot water and cold water.
- Using a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake. Pour watermelon Jell-O over the cake, making sure to get it inside the holes. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In another bowl, mix together Cool Whip with green food coloring until the desired color is reached.
- Frost cake with green Cool Whip, serve and enjoy!