The best thing about Halloween--other than the candy sales on November 1st--is the super fun treats you can serve at your Halloween party. Enjoy something sweet and easy with these Ghost Meringues. Make the meringues in advance and let your guests decorate them however they like!
- Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Line and grease a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- With a standing mixer or electric handheld mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar on high. When you see them getting frothy, slowly begin to add in the sugar. Continue beating on high until the meringue is stiff and glossy. (You’ll know it’s stiff because it will hold its shape.)
- Carefully spoon the meringue mixture into a piping bag or Ziploc bag with a hole cut on the corner. Begin pipping your ghosts onto the prepared cookie sheet. Make sure you’re pressing down and slowly pulling up so you can give your ghosts their ghostly shape.
- When you’ve pipped all the mixture, bake for 45 minutes, or just until the tops start to become a light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, have fun decorating with the black icing gel. Add a mouth, eyes, nose, ears—feel free to have fun and get silly with it! Serve and enjoy!