- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Gluten-free rice buns are deliciously crispy and sweet. They are a wonderful option to add to your next cook-out.
The gluten-free rice buns can go with any burger and topping of your choice.
Enjoy the crispy gluten-free rice buns!
- Cook the rice in a saucepan, adding water and table salt. Cook the rice then lower the heat when it is almost done.
- Once cooked, keep covered for 10 minutes. Remove excess water by a sieve, or let it simmer down till no water remains.
- Pour the rice from the saucepan to a container and refrigerate till it is cooled.
- To make the rice buns, use a 3.5-inch round cookie cutter. Place the rice inside the cutter, firmly press the rice down to form a thick patty. After making sure the patty compact, carefully remove it from the cookie-cutter.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, and carefully transfer the rice buns patties into the skillet. Fry the bun for 10 minutes on each side until the rice bun is golden-yellow.