- 6 slices of whole-wheat toast bread
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons plum or blueberry jam
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 fresh nectarine, cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread the jam on three slices of whole wheat bread and top it with cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Top the whole sandwich with another slice of whole wheat bread.
- Warm the butter in a nonstick frying pan and cook the sandwiches for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Cut in triangles and serve with fresh nectarine wedges.
- Serve and enjoy.