- 185 g canned tuna
- 2 large eggs
- 20 g green onion, finely chopped
- 45 g onion, finely chopped
- 20 g red bell peppers or cayenne chil, seeded and finely chopped
- 20 g green bell peppers or cayenne chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon gochujang
- A few sprinkles ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko
- Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Let’s take you on a quick cuisine trip to Asia with our first stop in Korea! Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you Gochujang Mayo Tuna Patties! What exactly are Gochujang Mayo Tuna Patties? They are a spicy, luscious, and richly flavored dish made from canned tuna, finely chopped vegetables, salt, eggs, black pepper, and some flour. This dish is another excellent way of enjoying tuna, with the secret ingredients being gochujang and mayonnaise. The dish is finally coated with panko breadcrumbs and then served for dinner or lunch. Lovers of seafood will enjoy this, as it helps take their dining experience to a new whole level. Enjoy!
- Make the dipping sauce by whisking all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk well mayonnaise and gochujang in a small bowl. Combine canned tuna, eggs, green onion, onion, bell peppers, flour, salt, gochujang mayo sauce from earlier, and panko breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl. Mix them well.
- Place the remaining panko breadcrumbs in a wide bowl (e.g. pasta bowl). Shape the mixture into small balls. I use an ice cream scoop to make even sized patties.
- As you make small balls of mixture, gently place them on panko and roll around to coat. Gently flatten the balls into patties with your hands. Coat with more panko and set aside. Repeat this with the remaining tuna mixture.
- Stove Top Method – Preheat a skillet over medium low heat. Once heated, add some cooking oil and spread well. Gently place the tuna patties into the skillet (without over crowding) and cover with the lid, cook for 5 mins. Add some oil over the tuna patties and flip them. Cook for a further 5 mins, covered. Flip once more and cook another 5 mins, or until golden brown.
- Air Fryer Method – Spray the fryer basket with cooking spray. Gently place the tuna patties in the basket (without over crowding). Set the air fryer to 180 C / 356 F and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Then flip the patties with tongs and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauce (e.g. gochujang mayo dipping sauce, ketchup, soy dipping sauce, aioli, or tartar sauce).