- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- Curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A handful of golden raisins
- A handful of pistachios
- A handful of cilantro and/or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Indian cuisine is one of the most famous ones on earth, well known for its flavor, spiciness, and seasoning. If you want to spice things up in your cuisine, starting with curry will be the best way.
It's simply easy to make and it uses varied spices that make your meat and dish tastier than it usually would with regular spices. Spices such as cumin, coriander, chili peppers, curry, turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper are essential in Indian cuisine. Simple to make cold salad perfect for a nice bread roll to start your day or to have as a whole meal.
As it’s a cold salad, time won’t be something to worry about, and the ingredients other than seasoning are easy to get. If you don’t already have them in your pantry. For this curry chicken salad, we are going to need chicken breasts, curry, garlic, and onion powder. Greek yogurt, olive oil, honey, golden raisins(optional), pistachios (also optional), cilantro, and salt and pepper for seasoning.
This salad is so tasty, with different textures and flavors that it can easily go well with anything you serve it with. This is a simpler way to make curry chicken, but served cold, within half an hour you can have your salad ready and serve it with anything you choose. Serves up to four portions, or you could prepare it for the whole week, making it different every day, varying from bagels, wraps, a bowl of greens, and by itself.
This is a very flexible recipe that can be served with almost anything. One of those recipes that come handy when you are in a rush but want a nice meal that is light but with protein and lots of flavors. Also, nothing beats curry chicken more than a curry chicken salad, cold served, tasty, creamy, can be served on top of anything and totally delicious.
- The first thing and the only thing we are going to cook in this recipe is our chicken, cut it on half So you get this nice and evenly chicken, dust your chicken with curry powder, garlic, and onion powder.
- Season it with salt and pepper, cook it at medium heat, wait for your chicken to be nice and gold on both sides. Remove it once it’s well cooked and let it cool before slicing it into small pieces. You can place it in the fridge so your chicken chills while you work on the salad.
- Now we are going to assembly our salad, add all ingredients, greek yogurt, honey, raisins, pistachio, and cilantro. Season with extra salt, pepper, and curry powder. If needed you could dust some onion or garlic powder as well.
- Add your chilled chicken, mix everything together and you have your curry chicken salad ready to go. Serve this on a nice bagel, toast, or wrap.