Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 box yellow butter cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
These Gooey Butter Muffins are one of the most magical things you will ever eat. The two batters come together to make something truly delicious. Bake up a batch and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin/cupcake tray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, and one egg. Stir thoroughly. Scoop into a Ziploc bag or piping bag and set aside.
- In a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer, combine cream cheese, 2 eggs, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Blend until thoroughly combined. Scoop into a separate Ziploc bag or piping bag.
- Snip the edge of your bag to create a hole you can pipe from. First, pipe the cake mix into each muffin tin. Top with cream cheese mixture. Do not mix the two layers.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cooling for several minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, serve Gooey Butter Muffins, and enjoy!