- 24 Cool Mint Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup (99 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy cream, divided
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) green crème de menthe
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white crème de cacao
Looking for a refreshing and delicious dessert that is quick to make and only requires a few ingredients? Try this chilled and minty grasshopper pie recipe. The way the mint cuts through the intensity of the chocolate will leave you craving for more. And if that weren't enough, it features a silky-smooth filling spiked with crème de menthe and crème de cacao.
Grasshopper pie must be made at least three hours ahead of serving time because it is needed to be firm.
Grasshopper pie doesn't use too many ingredients, and most are very easy to come by. For the crust, only Cool Mint Oreos and melted butter will be used. The filling is gelatin-based, giving it its smooth consistency. You can serve it with any toppings of your choice and enjoy! Leftovers can stay frozen for at least a week, but be sure to cover with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Start by making the crust. Set the oven to 350ᵒF. In a medium bowl, mix the oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter, make sure they are thoroughly moistened.
- Put the mixture into a pie plate, making sure the crust pressed to the sides and edges of the pan. Refrigerate the dough in the pan for 20 minutes and bake it for 10 minutes, so the crust sets.
- Into a small pan, mix the gelatin, sugar, heavy cream, and salt. Stir and then cook till the gelatin dissolves; this usually takes around two minutes.
- In a new bowl, pour the mixture and refrigerate. Beat the remaining heavy cream to stiff peaks and add it to the refrigerated gelatin mixture.
- In the already cooled pie shell, pour the made filling and smooth out the top, refrigerate until firm.