Skip to content
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 oz mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 cup Mexican four cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Onion strings ( 1/2 large onion)
- 2 minced garlic
- 2 cans cream or chicken soup
- 1/4 greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- Cut the stems on the green beans. Green beans may be cut in half if desired.
- Add green beans to a large pot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain beans and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Finely chop 1/2 the large onion. (Use the other half of onion to prepare homemade onion strings.)
- In a skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Saute mushrooms with onions until golden.Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a bowl.
- In the same skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil. Fry onion strings and garlic until light golden.
- Add mushrooms, onions to the green beans and mix well. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Add to the green beans. Mix.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the over everything. Add fried onions to the edges of the dish.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.