- Uncooked dough for easy olive oil tart crust
- 250 grams fresh leafy greens, such as mustard leaves, mizuna, dandelion leaves, spinach, or kale, a little sorrel mixed
- 125 grams (1 1/4 cups) walnut halves, toasted
- 3 large eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cream
Are you tired of eating your greens in a salad? Then try this Green Quiche, it's dairy-free and wholly vegetarian.
- Start by lining up the bottom of quiche pans with parchment paper and greasing the sides.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface, transfer it to the pan, and drape it along the sides.
- Be sure to trim the excess dough and poke holes in the bottom. Place it in a fridge and allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF, insert pastry and allow it to bake for about 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, combine eggs, chopped greens, milk, and cream in a mixing bowl. Have to stir vigorously to bruise the greens into a reduced volume. Fold in the walnuts, and put it into the parbaked crust.
- Now, lower the oven temperature to 320ºF and bake for another 35-40 minutes until the filling becomes set.
- Lastly, unmold this dish, and serve with a lightly dressed green salad. Enjoy!