- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut cream (cream from top 0f can of full-fat coconut milk)
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 lime juiced
- ⅛ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat BBQ on high. To get the grill nice and hot.
- Lay pineapple on a cutting board and cut off the top and bottom. Then take pineapple, stand it back up and slide down the sides of the pineapple with a knife, removing the skin.
- Slice your pineapple in half and then cut it into spears. Remove the hard core of each pineapple piece and discard it.
- Scoop off the top of cream from your coconut milk can. To make this easier you can place it in the fridge overnight upside down and all the cream will sit a the bottom.
- The actual coconut milk is too runny you just want the solid part. Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove and pour it into a bowl. Add in brown sugar, ginger, juice of 1 lime, coconut cream, and mix well.
- Pour sauce over pineapple (saving ¼ of the sauce for basting) and spread out with a basting brush or spoon. Coat both sides.
- Turn BBQ down to medium heat and put pineapple on. Let cook for roughly 8 minutes per side. Careful not to move too much or you will lose your nice grill marks. Baste after you flip them with the leftover sauce.
- While pineapple is cooking. Toast your coconut flakes in a frying pan on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Once Pineapple is cooked, remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes. Serve hot.