- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, plus extra to season
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 (8-oz | 250-g) lobster tails
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Lobster tail is a simple yet classy dish that will be your family’s new favorite! Save yourself the stress of driving to your favorite spot by making this incredibly easy dish at home. This fresh lobster is grilled to perfection and then topped with butter, garlic, and herbs.
This recipe is easy to make and will be ready in about 20 minutes! Making this dish demands correct preparation. You can use fresh or frozen lobster tails, whichever you prefer. If you’re going with frozen, make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, as microwaving or placing them in hot water is not advisable. Be sure to buy lobster tails of similar sizes so they can all be ready at the same time. To slice the tails properly, cut through the shell using kitchen shears, and then use a sharp knife to cut through the lobster meat down to the bottom shell. When your lobster tails are ready, we recommend serving them with crispy green beans, roasted potatoes, feta cucumber salad, or brown butter mashed potatoes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Using kitchen shears, cut top of lobster shell from meaty portion of tail. Using a knife, cut the lobster tail in half lengthwise through meat down the centre.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside. Brush lobster meat all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill flesh side down until lightly charred, about 5-6 minutes. Flip lobster, brush meat with HALF of the garlic butter mixture. Cover with lid and grill until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove lobster from grill and season with a little extra salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Brush with remaining garlic butter and serve with lemon wedges.