- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ small red onion
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 large sundried tomatoes in oil (drained and chopped)
- 1 ½ cups rotini shaped noodles
- ⅛ cup Italian store-bought dressing or homemade
- Preheat BBQ on high heat.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a bowl.
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch slices like the photo. Cut pepper into 1/4, and remove seeds. Cut ½ of red onion into 4th. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini, bell peppers, and red onion onto hot BBQ grill. Let grill for 5 minutes on medium-high with the lid down and flip for another 4 mins.
- While grilling vegetables, add pasta to boiling water, and cook according to the instructions on the pasta box.
- Once vegetables are cooked remove from grill and let cool.
- Once pasta is cooked drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to allow the pasta to cool.
- Once grilled vegetables are cool cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Place noodles, grilled vegetables, chopped fresh basil, chopped sundried tomatoes, and olives into a large serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad. Add mayo if wanted. Mix well. Serve. Store leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days.