- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 french baguette
- 1/4 cup pork liver pate
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Fresh Cilantro
- Chili Pepper
Anyone who has had a taste of Grilled Vietnamese Chicken Banh Mi Sandwich will know its effect of leaving one with cravings. If you have fallen victim to the charm of this sandwich or you want to try it out for the first time, we are glad to help with the recipe.
This homemade recipe is everybody’s favorite. If you love chicken sandwich, you will fall hard for this recipe. The dressing and arrangement is a reason to love the sandwich. Every ingredient when beautifully laid makes the sandwich both art and food.
The arrangement of slices of cucumbers, chili pepper, cilantro, pickled carrots, chicken pieces, and daikon between the French baguette is a savory sight without the bite. Every spice in this sandwich is fascinating. The fish sauce and the garlic add a nice flavor to the sandwich. The soy sauce enhances its taste. The sugar stabilizes the taste of the soy sauce.
The mayo is an impeccable spread for the bread It is such a delight to eat at any time of the day. Guess what? It’s quick to make and does not require any special skill. The cooking method needed is spreading and dressing. It’s quite filling and every bite made sends a new sensational feeling down your spine. It will leave you wanting more and more. Be careful or you will get addicted! Who’s hungry?
- In bowl combine oil, garlic, fish sauce and black pepper. Stir well. Add chicken mix chicken into the marinade, coating all the chicken pieces. Cover and set aside for about 20 minutes. You can marinade the chicken up to one day ahead of time.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill. Grill the chicken for about 2-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred and the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Cut the baguette to the lengths you want each sandwich. Slit the baguette pieces lengthwise.
- Layer all your favorite spreads (pate, mayo, soy sauce, etc.) and then fill in your favorite toppings (pickled carrots & daikon, cilantro, cucumber, etc.) into the sandwich along with the chicken. Enjoy!