- 1/2 pound loaf of multi-grain bread, torn into bits
- 2 pounds (4 medium or 2 XL) zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch coins
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup ponzu
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium serrano pepper, seeded & minced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 14- ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- To serve: Zest of one lemon // basil / cherry tomatoes
This Zucchini & Bread salad is just too delicious to be ignored. It is swift to make; it only takes 10 minutes or so to grill the zucchini. If you want, you can toast the bread and put the dressing together before time. Do you want to take it as the main dish for summer nights? Perfect! Do you want to make it as side meal? Great! Either way, you will enjoy this Grilled zucchini and bread salad.
Have fun with your family by preparing this simple and easy bread salad made with pieces of toasted multi-grain bread, chickpeas, garlic, and, most importantly, grilled zucchini.
You can either make this meal spicier by serving it with a little jar of sesame chile oil on the table or serve it with crispy fried shallots. No matter which one you choose, you are on the path to enjoying your grilled zucchini & bread salad.
To prepare this meal, you will need multi-grain bread that has been torn into pieces, sliced zucchini, extra virgin olive oil, ponzu, toasted sesame oil, smashed clove garlic, and a can of chickpeas that has been drained.
- Start by tossing the chunks of bread in a bowl together with olive oil, and add salt.
- With the hand, massage the oil into the bread, then turn it onto a baking sheet and toast it until a deep golden color appear. This should take 8-12 minutes. Once done tossing it, set it aside.
- Now, whisk toasted sesame oil, ponzu, serrano, and garlic in a small bowl. Set it aside too. Prepare the grill in medium-high heat.
- In the same bowl, used for tossing the bread, toss the zucchini along with olive oil and salt.
- Arrange the zucchini across the grill, and cook until the zucchini is tender and golden, and has grill marks. This should take about 10-15 minutes. Once the zucchini is done grilling, remove it and set it aside.
- Lastly, before serving this meal, pour the ponzu dressing over the grilled zucchini and chickpeas in a large bowl, toss it gently, and add the toasted bread.
- Serve it with cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, and basil. Enjoy!