- 2 purple eggplants
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 bag Royal Rice Smoky Harissa Seasoned Basmati Rice & Lentils
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Tzatziki sauce for serving
- Heat oven to 440F. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and score the insides. Brush the eggplant halves with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake, skinside down, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chopped onion and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add in drained garbanzo beans, harissa paste and Royal Rice Smoky Harissa Seasoned Basmati Rice & Lentils.
- Stir to combine ingredients and remove from heat.
- Once eggplant is cooked, allow to cool slightly, then remove flesh with a fork. Add eggplant to skillet with rice mixture and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add mixture to hollowed eggplant and return to oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and tzatziki.