Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 red bell pepper, diced seeds removed
- 2 green onions, sliced and divided into white and green parts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups cold, cooked Della Basmati White Rice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pineapple pieces
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sesame oil and hot sauce. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced ham, red bell pepper and the chopped white parts of the green onions.
- Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, or until ham is browned and bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Pour this mixture into a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the same skillet until hot, and then add the cold Della Basmati White Rice. Cook and stir the rice, breaking up the clumps. Cook until rice is thoroughly heated, about 8 minutes.
- Push the rice to one side of the skillet. Crack the eggs onto the other side of the skillet and stir until lightly scrambled and set. Stir the eggs and the ham mixture into the rice.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture into the rice and cook, stirring until combined and hot.
- Turn o the heat, stir in the pineapple and top with the green parts of the onions.