- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium spotty bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2–1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of: chocolate chips or blueberries or crushed nuts
The Sweet Simple Vegan duo have provided those in need of a vegan pancake recipe with a visually appealing, flavor-fully complex, and yet simple and straightforward approach to breakfast. These pancakes require just three ingredients, in addition to any toppings or sides you feel like adding (you can customize the flavor profile with some of the suggested add-on's.
Breakfast with Sweet Simple Vegan’s quick and healthy pancakes does not lack flavor or style, and provides plenty of room for creativity. To prepare, round up your gluten-free oats or oat flour, almond milk, and slightly over-ripe bananas. This much will only get you through the flapjack-frying stage; Sweet Simple Vegan recommends berry syrup and seasonal fruit to round out the stack. If you started with oats, get ready to turn them into flour with a high-speed blender.
The almond milk and bananas mixed with the flour will become pancake batter. Believe it or not, you’re home free. Before you start cooking the cakes, prepare some fresh fruit. Nuts and seeds taste great as a healthy add-on too. When you start getting the batter into the pan, remember to cook the pancake on the first side until bubbles form around the edges of the top side, then flip and cook to golden-brown perfection.
The syrup is so super simple and healthy, call it invigorating! Maple syrup, blueberries, blackberries. That’s it. Sweet, silky texture—you’re going to be the hero of the breakfast hour with these gluten-free, oil-free, vegan pancakes. You got this! Enjoy.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium low. Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring up to scoop the batter onto the heated pan. We recommend only cooking 1 pancake to start to see if you need to modify the heat of the pan. Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles appear around the edges, then flip and cook until golden. Serve immediately.