- Two cups fine rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Two tablespoons agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup caramel dates
- 3 apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 lemon
These Healthy Apple Tarts are gluten-free and vegan and are the perfect snack to take on picnics. You are going to be impressed with the nutty flavors and tender texture. Even though it might look intimidating, don't worry, its very fun to prepare.
The dough of this recipe is straightforward to make. All you need is almond flour, oat flour, coconut oil, salt, and maple syrup. There is no kneading, rolling, or fuss, you need to press it in the pan and poke it with a fork to prevent bubbles.
For the apple tart toppings, you will need to get honey crisp or granny smith apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Place the mixture in the tart crust and spread the mix to make it even across the base. Once the tart is done baking, you can sprinkle a little cinnamon over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 185ºC. Place the oats in fine flakes in the kitchen robot and grind until very fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix in the robot until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Place it on the base of the tart and press it into the bottom and sides.Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut the apples in half and remove the core. Now cut into slices horizontally. If you have a mandolin, use it to make it easier.
Place the slices in a container, add the cinnamon and microwave for 3 minutes. Water with the juice of 1/2 lemon and reserve.
Let the tart base cool down a bit and add the date caramel.
Start forming the apple rose – place the slices on the outside first and continue in a spiral until you reach the middle. Bake for another 10 minutes and serve!