- 1/2 cup beet puree about 2 medium beets
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips for topping
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Get ready for that most amazing, healthy brownies you've ever heard of! Theses healthy beet brownies are like no other! All the flavor of a regular brownie, you'd never know there this healthy!
Made with a tantalizing beet puree, it has that extra healthy kick to make it that much better. Whether you like beets or not, you'll love these melt in your mouth brownies either way. You can hardly even taste the beet flavor at all.
Mix it up by adding in a splash of your favorites in, be it some nuts or extra chocolate bits. You can even substitute the beet puree for another tasty fruit or veggie puree. Make it your own!
You can save these for later, much later if you desire. Just be sure to let them cool completely before freezing. They will last in the freezer up to a whopping 3 months. Lets be real though, these are too good to be sitting around that long!
These will go flying off the tray, especially when everyone knows what they're made of! It makes the traditional guilty pleasure, not so guilty after all.
In total it will only take about 30 minutes to whip up a batch. What are you waiting for?! Minimal ingredients are required. The only question here is how many to make! (hint: more than you think) I bet you won't be able to eat just one!
Treat yourself to these lovely brownies today. It might just be your new secret family recipe. We won't tell if you don't!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray OR line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips) in a medium-sized bowl and set aside. The 1/4 cup of chocolate chips will be used on top.
- Prepare beet puree by placing 2 cooked beets into a food processor for 2-3 minutes or until you've formed a puree.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients except for 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (you be melting these for later). Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- Place 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into a small, microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. When chocolate chips are melted, fold them into brownie batter.
- Pour brownie batter into pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 18-21 minutes.