You've had poke cakes, yes. But have you had poke cupcakes? They're awesome! And you should bake up a batch of Holiday Poke Cupcakes! Do red and green for Christmas, blue for Hanukkah, or mix up the colors for something completely different. It's all up to you.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool until room temperature.
- Mix each package of Jell-O powder with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Using chopsticks, poke holes into each cupcake. Spoon strawberry Jell-O mix over half of the cupcakes, and berry blue Jell-O mix over the other half. Make sure to pour it into the holes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While cupcakes are in the fridge, make your cream cheese frosting. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla until it reaches your desired consistency. Separate frosting into two bowls, adding green food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other. Stir.
- Remove cupcakes from the refrigerator and frost. We suggest green frosting with the red cupcakes, and blue with the blue cupcakes, but feel free to mix and match colors.
- Top green cupcakes with a sliced strawberry, blue cupcakes with blueberry, and both cupcakes with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!