- 4 cups milk
- 2 cup water
- ¾ t.s. ground cinnamon
- ¾ t.s. ground cardamom
- ½ t.s. ground ginger
- 1-2 whole anise stars
- 15 whole peppercorns
- 2 tb. s. honey
- 2 black tea bags
- 5-8 cloves
- Mix all the spices in a medium size pan. Muddle anise star and wear gloves to crush them.
- Add water, honey, and place on a stove on high heat.
- Bring it to the boiling mixing from time to time, set it to a low heat, and cook for 20-25 minutes mixing sometimes.
- After this add tea bags to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Set it off.
- For Chai latter use any milk you prefer in proportions 1 part of chai syrup to 2-3 parts of milk.
- To make it affogato style, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of hot chai latte.