- 32 ounce (4 cup) tomato juice
- 8 ounce (1 cup) vodka
- 1 medium-to-large cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ⅓ cu distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Kosher salt, for the rims of your glasses, optional
- Lots of ice, for serving
- Garnishes (choose any): Celery stalks, skinny carrots with leafy tops, mini bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, dill pickle spears, pickled okra, and/or green cocktail olives
This Bloody Mary mix is fresh and flavorful and is a very sumptuous recipe. It’s a mix made with basic ingredients – most of which you have at home already. Bloody Mary recipe makes a tasty, spicy, flavorful vodka cocktail.
To make the best Bloody Mary, you should use high-quality ingredients. Since the tomato juice is the base of this cocktail, ensure you select a high-quality brand.
What makes this recipe fun is that you can add as many toppings as you like. Under 21? Simply omit the alcohol. Don’t worry, Virgin Mary tastes just as good as Blood Mary. However, ensure you don’t skip the toppings.
- To prepare the bloody mary mix, combine tomato juice, vodka, cucumber, vinegar, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce in a blender. Fasten the lid well, and blend on high speed till the mixture is completely smooth.
- Now, add the black pepper and garlic and blend for a few seconds for a silky texture. Taste and stir in any flavors the prefer then set aside.
- Pour kosher salt on a small plate, run a lemon or lime slice around the rim, and then roll the wet edge of the glass across the salt at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Now, fill the glasses with ice and pour the Bloody Mary mix on top. Stir with a spoon and garnish with the favorite veggie or protein-rich nibbles. Serve immediately, and do not forget to serve with a glass of water too!