- 1 box, Post Golden Crisps cereal or any dry cereal
- 1 bag, mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup, unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup each, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips, divided
Everyone knows homemade is the best there is out there in the way of food. These homemade cereal bars are no exception to the rule. A delicious, easy snack made from the comfort of your home. These bars are so fun to make, and they taste absolutely incredible. Make them as a fun project with the family, everyone is sure to love it.
The process and the food, that is. Take advantage and make these into a nice little bonding activity with the kids. Oozing with sweet chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness every bite is packed with flavor. The cereal really brings it all together, giving it that perfect texture. A little bit crunchy, a little bit chewy and a lot of yumminess! Make them any way you like. The best part is decorating them in a sweet chocolate drizzle. They come out looking like they were made by a pro, and you don't need any real talents to make them!
They freeze well too so it's easy to make ahead of time. They can be frozen after being cooled completely and last up to 3 months in the freezer. Keep some on hand that way there's no more scrambling at the last minute! Easy to prepare for a crowd, this is a go-to for holidays. Show them off at your next party or get together, everyone is going to want the recipe!
Be sure to make plenty, because these will go quick. It takes only 10 minutes of your time and just a few simple ingredients to build these bad boys. Fun, quick and simple, now it doesn't get much better than that.
- Prepare a 9X9 pan by lining it with wax or parchment paper. Place marshmallows and butter in a dish and heat until melted, stirring to fully combine.
- Add cereal, stirring gently until mixed in. Add cereal, stirring gently until mixed in.
- Spread out into prepared 9" by 9" pan. And allow to cool then remove from pan, cut into rectangles.
- Add sticks to treats. Melt each kind of chocolate in the microwave, then use fork to drizzle over treats. Allow chocolate to harden, then enjoy!