Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 ⅓ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, yeast, sugar, pinch of salt, butter, egg, and milk.
- Knead a dough from all of the ingredients and let it rise at room temperature for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Roll out the risen dough on a lightly floured working surface and spread it with butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top and roll it into a log.
- Cut the cinnamon rolls and arrange them in a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush them with little bit of milk and bake them in already heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- When they will come out of the oven let them cool slightly and drizzle with glaze made out of icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract mixed together.
- Serve and enjoy.