- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup distilled water
- 1 tsp pickling or kosher salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- In a medium clean mason jar, add the sugar and salt.
- Next, add the sliced red onions.
- Add in the water and the distilled vinegar.
- Tightly screw on the top of the mason jar and shake until you see the sugar and salt have dissolved into the liquid.
- Allow to pickle in the fridge for a minimum of 2 days. Once pickled, eat alone or use as a garnish to all of your favorite falafel, sandwiches and burgers.