- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
If you are one to make your own pasta or if you are looking for a way to start this basil pasta noodles is a good way to start. It’s a fun way to start your dinner with a complete homemade dish, sometimes when you are just bored with the same flavored pasta or traditional ones.
We like to put our hands into it and do something about it. Making pasta from scratch most people will think it isn’t a piece of cake, and while that might be half true, making noodles is actually easier, you won’t need as many ingredients and won’t be spending that much time either. And if it’s that simple, why not make this for a special dinner or just for trying? It might be messy, but the result will reward of every step of the process.
Let’s see what this is about, check our ingredients, and what needs to be done to make your own bowl of spinach and basil pasta noodles. For our dough we will need one egg, a tablespoon of water, 2 cups of spinach leaves and one cup of basil leaves, 1 half cups flour and olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and salt for serving. This will do for up to three or four servings.
This is a great way to introduce yourself to the homemade pasta world as it’s easy and simple to make. You can make it anytime and replace the basil with other vegetables if you feel in the mood. You can make a sauce for the pasta, but it goes better with a simple topping instead, pesto sauce goes well with this spinach basil pasta noodles. It’s a great complement to the flavor and texture. Remember there is no salt in the dough, simmer the noodle in salted water for flavor. And cut it as thin as possible to avoid getting a thick and grumpy pasta when it cooks.
Making this from scratch is a fun thing to make, great for lunch and dinner, mix your ingredients and add a nice protein to it, improve the recipe and delight your guest with this homemade pasta. Easy to make and shouldn’t take much work to have it ready. Make your dough one dance in advance if you want it to get the flavor enhanced.
- The first thing to do is to add the eggs, water, spinach, and basil in a food processor or blender. And mix until smooth.
- Then add the four and mix until get the dough. Turn the dough in a cutting board, turn it into a ball, roll it and make it a thin sheet and cut it into thin ribbons. And let them rest for half an hour.
- Pick a pot to boil and then add salt and the pasta, let it boil for less than 10 minutes, until tender. To serve to add the lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese.