- 1 (20-ounce) can Jackfruit, cored and shredded
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 12 to 14 flour or flour+corn tortillas
- ¾ cup refried beans
- ½ cup jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Toppings, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, serranos
Nothing is as fun as preparing taquitos by yourself at home. If you have been buying taquitos from a bar or restaurant, it is high time you cooked it at home. Super easy to make and can be adapted to what you have at home with ease. You should give these homemade taquitos a try.
Have you been looking for a lovely way to have fun and enjoy yourself at home? If yes, these homemade taquitos are the perfect recipe you should lay your hand on. They are much easier than you think, with just a few steps, you can prepare these delicious taquitos that are much better than the ones you buy at stores. There is no way you can’t take or eat these homemade taquitos, you can serve it as a snack, appetizer, and even for the main meal by combining it with refried beans and authentic Mexican rice. What a perfect recipe for your lunch and dinner!
You should try it! You can choose to bake them or fry them, depending on how you want it. But baking makes them lighter. To make this delicious recipe from scratch, get tortillas ready, you have the freedom to choose the tortillas of your choice. Tortillas made from the combination of flour and corn are very easy to roll up, and they won’t crack in the oven. I recommend you make use of these tortillas. Warm the tortillas of your choice in an oven or microwave them before you roll them up. Get your jackfruit ready.
- Start by shredding the jackfruit. To shred the jackfruit, break the fruit, discard any tough pieces, and pull apart the tender, flaky jackfruit until feel the texture of shredded chicken. The next thing to do is to bake it!
- Roast the jackfruit in the oven to infuse it with flavor, then roll it up with the taquitos. Add the green chiles, and spices to it (add it on a baking sheet), and bake it at 4000F until the jackfruit turns light golden brown, this should take about 15 minutes.
- Follow that by stuffing and rolling the taquitos. Top the tortilla with scallions, cheese, jackfruit, and tightly roll the tortilla. Place it on a baking sheet, spray it generously with cooking spray, and transfer it to the oven. Bake it until the taquitos turn golden brown.
- The last thing need to do is to top them up with the desired fixings and enjoy yourself!
Note: Spread the fillings toward one side and not the center! You need to know you can eat your taquitos immediately, or store them up in the fridge for about a month. To get the best homemade taquitos, make sure you warm up your tortillas before rolling them up.