- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups almond milk, or any dairy or dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Horchata is a sweet and creamy beverage, it originated in Mexico and is refreshing on a hot day. When hosting a party, prepare this refreshing iced rice-based beverage, and see how impressed your guests will be.
You will need long-grain white rice, cinnamon sticks, water, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. If you are having trouble finding almond milk, you can use other types of milk, such as coconut milk and cashew milk. Also, grab a blender and large pitcher.
You can easily store it up to 4 days in your fridge, just ensure it is not allowed to sit more than 30 minutes at room temperature.
- The first thing to do is rinse the rice. Then add the cinnamon sticks, water, and rice to a blender and blend at high speed. This should take about 40-60 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a container and cover it. It will need to chill in the fridge for about 8-12 hours.
- Next, strain the mixture through a nut-milk bag and then stir in almond milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Taste it to see if need to add more sweetener or water. Add ice to the pitcher, stir everything together, and serve!