- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings or drummets
- 2/3 cup honey
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced (for garnish)
Sweet and spicy is something worth trying; it's a perfect balance in flavors the same that is found in sweet and sour meals. So why not try it with wings that are a preferred appetizer before the main course or while drinking with some friends and family.
Preparing wings at home can be a fun thing to do whether you fry them or put them in the oven. There are different ways we can make wings and let the family enjoy them. The dipping sauce we make is what can make these wings into a new treat. Instead of simply frying the wings we want them to get nice and crispy, so what better way to do that than baking your wings.
Yes, baking them. Covering your wings with baking powder and salt and placing them on a nice baking sheet ready for the oven is the best way to get that crisp bite. This recipe can even be planned ahead, by preparing the marinade day before and having it ready and even powdering the wings and storing them in the fridge. It has some sweet, some heat, and they are a great way to start your party, gathering or just to enjoy as a snack while you enjoy a game or movie night.
We need chicken wings, baking powder, salt, and for our sauce we will be using honey, limes, garlic powder, red chile flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, and ground ginger. You could add extra for garnishing using sesame seeds or some green onions.
- To start with the wings you need to clean and dry your wings.
- Second, we want to mix baking powder with salt and add the wings and flip and cover them with the mixture.
- After this step place them on the baking sheet and put them in the oven at 350º Fahrenheit and let them bake for 25 minutes or less. They should look gold and crispy and that’s when you can take them out.
- While you wait for the wings to cook you can start with the sauce by gathering the ingredients into a nice bowl, mix the honey with all the other species even check for flavor and make sure it has the right amount of heat you want.
- Remove the wings from the rack or baking sheet and line them in a bowl where you want to pour the sauce on top of them, make sure your wings are covered with the sauce, serve your wings onto another nice plate or bowl and add garnishing.
It’s nice to enjoy these right away; you want your meat to stay warm while you enjoy them. You can make everything the same day or decide to plan overnight for less work, either way, your guests will find this wings a delight, make sure to have enough for your guest as they will finish in a flash.