- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
When it comes to quick, tasty, homemade snacks, these Hot Honey Pulled Chicken Sliders definitely steal the show! These cute, miniature sandwiches are the perfect party snack. Quick, simple, and delicious. Juicy, shredded chicken, smothered in a homemade, thick, sweet and tangy glaze. A scrumptious treat that truly captures the essence of southern-comfort food.
Having friends over for the game? Or maybe this is the year you don’t show up to the office pot luck empty-handed? These chicken sliders are sublime for tasty, shareable appetizers. Not only do they make the perfect hors-d'oeuvres, but a hearty meal as well. Pairing them with homemade coleslaw, or even some fresh baked beans will provide a full course meal.
Additionally, this sweet and tangy sauce can be added to multiple proteins. So, if you love this with chicken, next time you can use pulled pork, or even lather it on a rack of ribs! The ideas you may curate can be endless! The sauce for these little delights is made up of honey, a bit of brown sugar, and your favorite hot sauce. The amount of time this recipe requires clocks in at about an hour, but this dish can be easily stored for future use.
You can freeze the chicken, and the sauce will keep (unfrozen) for about 2 weeks. First, we are going to make our chicken brine.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of kosher salt, and 6 ounces of water (cold). Add your chicken into the bowl, and mix with your hands. Allow the chicken to soak in the brine for 30 or 40 minutes, then drain the water.
- Add water to a separate large pot, and toss in your brined chicken. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Boil the chicken for about 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Pull your chicken from the pot and allow to cool.
- Once the chicken is cool, shred it up, pulling it apart using 2 forks. Once shredded, add it Back into the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk your light brown sugar, honey, hot sauce, and butter together. Mix vigorously until combined. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- After boiling, bring the sauce down to a simmer, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Let this simmer until you achieve a thickened viscosity.
- Now, simply pour your sauce over your chicken, and mix it in with 2 forks. While your chicken is cooling, start cutting the buns in half using a serrated blade. Use a spoon and scoop the chicken onto the buns.
- Top with a few pickles for taste/garnish, and enjoy!