- 2 1/2 cups grated or ground cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
As we worry more and more about what we eat, we are always looking for ways to eat those things we love in a healthier way trying to cause the least harm to our bodies. In that process, we came with this insane recipe, pizza crust made of cauliflower. Nowadays cauliflower is replacing many things we usually did with flour and it’s just amazing how instead of using flour we can use this bland vegetable and make something delicious with it while keeping the carbs low.
In today’s recipe, we will be making pizza crust with cauliflower the process is simple and should not take much time, the longest we will be waiting here should be as our crust and pizza are baked, other than that you should make this quick and with no worries about wasting too much time. So let’s get to it.
Same as when we make cauliflower rice, if you haven’t done it we need to get our cauliflower ground, could do it in a food processor, blender, and even a grater. Removing all liquids from the mix, as it usually produces lots of it, use anything you have handy to remove that extra water from it.
So we cook our cauliflower in a microwave covered up and then press it to get all liquid out, you can use towels for this to absorb liquid from the cauliflower.
Once we have our dried up mix, we want to add an egg, and salt and pepper for seasoning. Also the oregano, garlic, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. Blend everything together and check for seasoning, add more salt if it's missing some.
And once it’s done, you will have your pizza dough, now we want to flatten it into a circle, imitating a regular pizza shape. Make sure your mixture is tight and doesn’t break, you can choose here to make a large pizza crust or personal ones, the best thing to do is go with small ones, that way you have control over them and it is harder for them to break easily.
After that you want to put it in the oven and let it bake until it’s golden brown, and the crust is cooked through, add your toppings cheese, sausage, pepperoni, vegetables, chicken anything you want. Put it back in the oven for two minutes until the cheese has melted, and it looks good, take it out and slice it and serve.
This pizza crust may not taste exactly like a regular or bread pizza does, but it taste good, the magi will be in what you choose as your topping and that your dough is well seasoned, as it’s where the flavor will come from, oregano, basil and change it a little if you think is not enough flavor for you.
The toppings elevate the pizza, so what you choose will make sure it will give more flavor and make this pizza pop. Fresh ingredients will help you out, and you can enjoy this. It is easier to make than regular pizza dough, as you need not let it rest overnight or for two days as make it, bake it and eat it.
- Preheat oven to 425. Place cauliflower in a heat-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap with a few holes to vent. Microwave for 4 minutes, remove plastic, and stir to cool it off a little.
- Place cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer and use a rubber spatula to press cauliflower against strainer, pushing out any liquid. Use several paper towels and press down to absorb more liquid.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Mix well and taste. Add salt to taste. Add egg and stir to blend completely.
- Press mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray. Press out to about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker. Keep mixture tight together and in an even layer.
- Place pan in oven and bake until golden brown. Remove from oven, top with desired toppings, and return to oven to melt cheese. Serve!