- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces dried short pasta, such as rotini
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 small English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 ounces mini mozzarella balls, drained and halved
- 4 ounces salami slices, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Do you love pasta? Scratch that (who doesn’t). Okay, what’s your favorite pasta dish? Now before you answer that, we already know pasta is the world’s favorite food and it comes in different varieties and flavors including this pasta salad. This dish is made from the blend of the best ingredients that infuse the dish with incredible flavors, scintillating aromas, and a velvety texture.
Pasta salad is a classic salad dish that can be served as a main course, side dish or appetizer. If you’re the type that likes convenience cooking, this recipe takes a total of just 30 minutes and is easy to make – as easy as just boiling water and throwing in a few ingredients. It makes a great first choice for a quick lunch, summer picnic, or barbecue.
There’s an ocean of pasta salad recipes out there but here’s the one you need. The dressing is as good as your favorite Italian dressing, all you have to do is cool your pasta right and then whip out your delectable dressing for an unforgettable pasta salad experience!
Customize this recipe to your taste and switch up one or two ingredients you don’t like or can’t lay your hands on.
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, put all the dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Throw in the finely chopped red onion. Stir to combine. Set aside to soften while you make the rest of the salad.
- Boil 2 quarts of salted water in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (Should take about 8 minutes). While the pasta is cooking, prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- The next thing is to strain the pasta in a colander and then run under cold water. Dunk the colander in the ice bath and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Make sure you drain the pasta well. After that, transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add the salami, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, olives, and mozzarella.
- Also add the dressing, including the onions, to the pasta and toss until well combined.
- Keep the pasta salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Serve and enjoy.