- 1.25 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Shredded Cabbage
There is nothing better than having everything cooked in one pot, which takes all the worrying about cleaning a massive load of dishes, or attending one pot while you have another cooking something else and making sure that nothing burns but everything tastes well. Yeah just describing it sounds stressing imagine suffering through that every single time you want to cook something.
That’s why I love instant pot recipes, they save time, effort and they are just fun to make. Just focusing on one pot, you can make sure everything tastes well, doesn’t burn and looks appealing to your guests and your tummy. Just throw everything in a hot pot and you will have tacos, ready for Tuesday Taco, Monday Margaritas, Thursday Tacos, or weekend dinner.
Any day can be a Tuesday Taco. Things we need to make sure before we begin with our recipe is that for a better result you should pick boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast or any other meat as we will marinate them in buffalo sauce. These chicken thighs will absorb the flavor better than any other cut. And you want your meat to be tender and juicy for your tacos.
We want some well-shredded cabbage, seasoned with lime, salt, and pepper. And about the ranch, the trick is about making it from scratch, store-bought ranch sauce is not the same as how delicious homemade ranch sauce is.
Again this recipe is great and versatile, you can make this for tacos, burgers, anything you can think of, the chicken can be also cooked without the buffalo for those sensitive to spiciness or for kids. And have the sauce separate so they can add it to their consent. No big deal of cooking or mess, just season your chicken, let it cook, and make your cabbage salad and ranch sauce.
Everything can be done as your chicken cooks, and once it's done you have everything ready and is just as easy as one, two, three. Assemble, serve, and eat. Garnish it with some cilantro leaves, make some easy guacamole or just serve your guacamole cut in small pieces, put a slice of lime next to it and enjoy.
- Season the chicken thighs with onion powder, salt, and pepper, add the buffalo sauce into the pot. Let it cook for 15 minutes and then shred the chicken with hands or forks.
- For wrench sauce, mix mayonnaise, olive oil, water, white vinegar, garlic, dried dill, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Put everything in a food processor or blender and mix until get that smoothie creamy ranch sauce. Broil the chicken for 10 more minutes until it gets gold and brittle.
- Get the tacos together with warm tortillas, buffalo chicken, mashed avocado, cabbage, a lime, shredded cheese, and the ranch sauce. Enjoy!