- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2 or 3 large breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- Sea salt , to taste
- Pico de gallo
- Green salsa
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
Irish poet Oscar Wilde once said- “everything in moderation, including moderation.” Now, we like to think that he was talking about tacos. Tacos can be a fun, festive meal you can create with the family or a saving grace after a night of too much tequila. Tacos come in all different shapes and forms. From traditional Mexican tacos through American renditions, this simple recipe has been adopted and tailored to many different cultures worldwide.
Simply put: everyone loves tacos! And the many forms they manifest in! Traditional Mexican tacos usually consist of grilled beef and are topped with finely chopped white onion and fresh cilantro. But this recipe has been modified into countless variations from people all around the globe. With that being said, we’d like to introduce you to Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos. (and the pleasure is all yours) This is an instant pot recipe that is incredibly easy to follow. The simplicity and minimal prep time make it the absolute perfect meal to throw together for any last-minute fiesta.
The most challenging part of the whole process is making sure there is enough for seconds. Spiced, crispy chicken laid in a warm, soft corn tortilla blanket; piled high with fresh cilantro, refreshing Pico de Gallo, and homemade slaw. This beautiful adaptation is guaranteed to knock the socks off of anyone who tries it. Now I think I have said enough. Less talk, more taco. Preparation for this dish comes in 3 stages. The chicken, Cabbage slaw, and the toppings.
And just like that, a beautifully delicious treat that you can add to your arsenal of impressive entrees. A dinner that not only tastes great but looks magnificent as well.
- After heating the instant pot and setting it to sauté, add the oil, chopped onions, and garlic. Occasionally stir until smell the onions as they begin to brown. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the chicken into the instant pot. Let it brown for about 3-4 minutes. When the chicken is seared, add the broth, seasoning, and salt. Ensure the lid on the instant cooker is secure and sealed, and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken using a set of tongs or a fork. On a cutting board, use two forks to shred the chicken. After the chicken is shredded, set it back into the pot for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the chicken in the instant pot, get started on the slaw. After slice the cabbage, add the lime juice, salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the tortillas, be it a microwave or a tortilla press, and assemble the taco’s. Additionally, adding the salsa makes for incredible flavor.