- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 small can green chilis, diced
- 1 small can jalapeños, minced
- 1 small pumpkin, hallowed out
- 1 log soft cheddar cheese (like Velveeta or Kraft)
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes, or until beef begins to brown.
- Add in scallions, green chilis, and jalapeños. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until beef is mostly cook through.
- Add cheddar cheese log and cream cheese. Stir to combine and cook until cheese has melted completely and beef is fully cook.
- Sprinkle the bottom of your hollowed-out pumpkin with half of your shredded cheddar cheese. Carefully spoon the beef and cheese dip into the pumpkin. Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve Jack O'Lantern Cheesy Beef Dip while hot. You can even carefully draw a face on the pumpkin before serving to complete the Jack O’Lantern feel!