- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds 94% lean ground turkey
- Optional: 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- For serving: hamburger buns, jalapeño slices, spicy mayo or ranch dressing, guacamole, tomato, lettuce, etc
Some spice can definitely upgrade the flavor of your food, and this is no exception when making turkey burgers, a medium spicy burger filled with flavor from all the ingredients and vegetables that we will add to it. And the Pepper Jack cheese will add that extra touch to it.
These turkey burgers won’t dry out as Turkey does, they will stay moist and delicious in every bite. Easy preparation is one of the reasons we all love making burgers, the only thing is that we will be making our patties, so we are going to get our hands’ dirty mixing and shaping our meat before grilling it. But that’s where the fun is, get your little ones to help, or your partner and make this a fun experience for the whole family.
Get everyone involved. Ground turkey will be the star of our recipe, other ingredients that will also be crucial in making this Juicy Jalapeno Pepper Jack Turkey Burger are the Pepper Jack Cheese, adding flavor, juice, and mild spicy touch. Our vegetables will be Onion, garlic, and cilantro.
These three add flavor to our meat and bite. And are a balance with our Jalapeno Pepper which is good to reduce or add more depending on your family spice tolerance. Some Soy sauce or Worcestershire for extra moisture and salt and pepper for seasoning. Other than that the only missing ingredients are paprika and cumin that will elevate our burger’s flavor.
These burgers give you a kick in every bite, from the tender turkey to the melting cheese and the jalapeno with the other spices, make this a great option for summer BBQ’s but honestly, you can make this any time, they are easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find.
For those with lower tolerance to spice, replace some ingredients like jalapeno or the jack pepper cheese, for cheddar cheese, and simply leave out the jalapeno. And you can not only make this for burgers, but you can also eat them in anything else, tacos, wraps, anything you can think of. Don’t overthink and get your hands ready for it, make this and you won’t regret it, as with every bite you will be getting a punch of varied flavors.
- First, add all spices and ingredients together and then add the ground turkey and blend everything together.
- Form up to 6 or more patties, and let them cool in the fridge. Cook the patties, in the grill or stove, once they are well cooked add a slice of pepper jack cheese on top before removing them from the grill/stove.
- Assemble the burger, buns with mayo or any other toppings like spicy mustard, chipotle, and others. Add onions, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles.