Serves: 12 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 12 KING’S HAWAIIAN® Jalapeño Rolls
- 2 jalapeños, roasted
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Guacamole (optional)
In case you've forgotten Cinco de Mayo is almost here! How about celebrating with these Jalapeño Roll Carne Asada Sliders, presented by KING'S HAWAIIAN®?!
- Cut the sheet of KING’S HAWAIIAN® Jalapeño Rolls horizontally with a serrated knife.
- In a food processor or blender combine roasted jalapeños, minced garlic, honey, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin. Blend until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place skirt steaks in a dish and pour the jalapeño mixture over them. It’s best to allow this to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat in non stick pan. Add skirt steak, cooking 3 minutes on each side for a rare steak. Cook a few minutes longer on each side if you want it more well done. Once cooked, let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place bottom half of KING’S HAWAIIAN® Jalapeño Rolls into an oven safe dish, and cover with half of the cheddar cheese. Evenly spread out the sliced up steaks and cover with the remaining cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Top with the top half of the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Jalapeño Rolls and broil for an addition 1 to 2 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Cut, top with guacamole, serve and enjoy!