- 3 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make sure potatoes have been washed thoroughly. Place potatoes on a baking tray and puncture all over with a fork. Rub with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool until you can touch them without burning yourself. Cut cooled potatoes in half, lengthwise, scoop out the insides, and place in a large bowl. Leave some of the potatoes inside to make the skins sturdy.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the potatoes in the bowl and add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Gently fold in diced jalapenos and crumbled bacon.
- Scoop potato mixture back into the potato skins and place on a parchment-lined baking tray. Cover each one with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!